I. General Guidelines (in preparing your English manuscript for submission):
1. Must be unpublished and not under review elsewhere.
2. Include an accurate and informative proposal and statement.
3. For academic books, address an important problem of research value; Display a high level of analytical, argumentative, creative, and qualitative theorizing, and clearly communicate to a general Western audience.
4. Engage relevant and important literature, including disclosing gaps in that literature.
5. Follow the guidelines of The Chicago Manual of Style (15th edition). The guidelines include matters of text style, citations, appendices, notes, references, and tables/ figures.
6. Do not exceed 200,000 words, including footnotes, references, etc.; any submissions over 200,000 words will be considered only in exceptional circumstances.
7. Figures and tables must be numbered consecutively and listed at the end of the manuscript.
8. Submitted files will be in Microsoft Word format. All text, footnotes, references, and appendices (as appropriate) must be single-spaced, 12-point Times New Roman font, no hyphenation. Use italics rather than underlining (except with URL addresses). All illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end. Page margins should be a minimum of one inch. All references are Last Name, First Name (not Last Name, First Initial), e.g., Russell, Bertrand. In general, formatting should be reduced to a minimum.
9. References must be listed at the end of each chapter:
1) Russell, Bertrand. 1922. The Problem of China. London: George Allen & Unwin.
2) Durkheim, Emile. 1966. The Rules of Sociological Method, trans. S. A. Solovay and J. H. Mueller. New York: The Free Press.
3) Chan, Wing-tsit. 1970. The Ch’eng-Chu School of Early Ming. Pp 29-51 In William Theodore de Bary (eds), Self and Society in Ming Thought. New York: Columbia University Press.
4) Rawls, John. 1958. Justice as Fairness. Philosophical Review, 67, 164-94.
II. EWPG Manuscript Submission
1. All manuscripts are submitted to the Editor.
2. Only electronic submission is accepted. All submissions should be sent as email attachments, in Microsoft Word, to EWPGbook@gmail.com
3. The contact information of author(s) should include names and email addresses of all authors.
4. A revised manuscript should further have available the original manuscript number.
5. An original manuscript must include only one anonymous file.
6. An author may recommend 3 specialists to review the manuscript, but they may not be selected to review.
III. EWPG Privacy Statement
All names and email addresses sent via this website will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this book publication and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
IV. EWPG Manuscript Review Process
1. All manuscripts accepted for publication through a scholarly peer review process will meet the high standards of expertise.
2. A number of recognized reviewers will evaluate a manuscript and recommend its publication, revision, or rejection.
3. All peer reviews are anonymous.
4. The process depends on reviewer response.
5. All reviews are advisory to the Editor. Most recommendations will fall into the following categories: 1) accepted; 2) accepted with suggested improvements by the author; 3) rejected with suggested revisions and invitation to resubmit; or 4) 4. rejected outright.
6. A manuscript can be returned without review if it does not meet EWPG’s standards.
V. EWPG Copyright Transfer Agreement
All authors must sign a Copyright Transfer Agreement (CTA) for all books accepted for publication. Signing the CTA is a condition of publication and papers will not be forwarded to the publisher for production unless a signed form has been received (US Federal Government employees need to complete the Author Warranty sections, although copyright in such cases does not need to be assigned). After submission, authors will retain the right to republish their books in various circumstances (please see the form for further details). Please return the completed form to:
Dr. John Z. Ding, Chief Editor
East-West Publishing Group
PO Box 451, Chino Hills, CA 91709，USA
Telephone: (909) 569-8710